The 2017 Toyota RAV4 SUV’s Utility
You’d expect nothing less than utility from an SUV, but the truth is: some miss the mark in favor of other categories. The 2017 Toyota RAV4 isn’t one such model. Efficient, multi-faceted, and surprisingly capable, the Toyota RAV4 is a compact crossover with a sense of purpose. It can tow, venture off the beaten path, and carry five passengers plus their belongings. There are plenty of reasons to give the RAV4 a chance, but we’re convinced utility is one of its strongest attributes.
How practical an SUV is going to be for you and your family depends largely on its fuel-efficiency. On that front, the Toyota RAV4 has you covered. The RAV4 is powered by a 6-speed automatic and a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine rated at 176 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque.
The XLE, SE, and Limited Hybrids utilize a CVT and Toyota’s proven hybrid powertrain, producing 194 net horsepower. With its base powertrain, the RAV4 achieves a 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway rating. The RAV4 Hybrids earn an additional 11 miles per gallon in the city.
No need to pack light; the Toyota RAV4 lets you bring everything you need. This compact SUV is an expert space-saver, offering the following dimensions and features:
- Cargo Capacity: Behind the second-row seats, you’ll find up to 38.4 cubic feet of cargo volume, perfect for shopping bags, camping gear, and more.
- Split-Folding Rear Seats: Should you need the extra room, simplyfold the 60/40-split rear seats down to expand the cargo volume by as much as 35.0 cubic feet.
- Optional Cargo Net Hammock: Available for all RAV4s, the versatile cargo net hammock is the perfect storage medium for your belongings.
Despite its compact size, the new Toyota RAV4 has the brawn to tow small boats, jet-skis, and campers. Properly equipped, the gas-powered RAV4 SUVs can tow up to 1,500 pounds, while the XLE and Limited Hybrids manage 1,750 pounds. Simply put, the RAV4 is the perfect companion for a weekend beach getaway or camping trip, thanks largely to the following features:
- Trailer Sway Control: Standard for the RAV4, Trailer Sway Control detects and prevents trailer unsteadiness using corrective braking.
- Hill Start Assist: To give you a boost on steep slopes, Hill Start Assist temporarily maintains braking power while you move your foot to the gas pedal.
- Electronic On-Demand AWD-i: Available for the RAV4 Hybrids, Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence combines hybrid endurance with all-wheel-drive grit.
Browse the New Toyota RAV4 Lineup in Gardena!
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that practicality does it all, prepare to be wowed by the 2017 Toyota RAV4 SUV’s utility. Schedule a test drive today at South Bay Toyota in Gardena, CA! Our friendly team is available to assist you with choosing and financing a brand-new RAV4 Monday through Sunday!